Paypal Insights transactions for last 7, 30 and 90 days

peterS58
Contributor
Contributor

My 'Insights' of Money in and Out over last 7, 30 and 90 days is incorrect by a huge amount - for example it shows money in in last 90 days of more than £351000. Is this a 'glitch' or should I be worried that my account has been compromised? Note: My individual transactions all seem OK with no unusual transactions. just wondered if anyone else has experienced this recently? thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

peterS58
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for your replies. So not just me, and it probably is a software issue rather than anything malicious. i hope it is sorted soon. I tried to contact paypal by phone but gave up after waiting 5 minutes to be answered.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

Nellissima
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem. Looks extremely alarming. According to insights my transactions have included income of over £85,000.00, which is about eight times my annual turnover! I feel quite alarmed. The insight sum for my outgoings is also wrong, probably by about the same factor, though it's a much smaller sum (as it should be). I really don't like the look of this, and raising it as a concern doesn't fit any of the categories for reporting. Relatively pleased to find this is not just me, but there don't seem to be many of us.... 😤

Login to Me Too

fafaspopos
Contributor
Contributor

same here i have this bug , thjis is really annoying.

Login to Me Too

hubbub01
Contributor
Contributor

I just noticed this for the first time today.  The amount is astronomical!  And, I certainly don't do this much business.  Is there a way to contact PayPal to figure out what is happening?

Login to Me Too
Solved

peterS58
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for your replies. So not just me, and it probably is a software issue rather than anything malicious. i hope it is sorted soon. I tried to contact paypal by phone but gave up after waiting 5 minutes to be answered.

Login to Me Too

ArtisanB
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here. Just noticed today the Money Out Insights are massive. Spent ages trawling my activity reports and also to see if there was anything fraudulent and pending. Really relieved to see this is a common issue being reported (at least I think I am relieved - unless 20k really is about to be paid out).

Login to Me Too

akwh
Contributor
Contributor

mine, too, way out. Would be nice if my current balance was "total receipts less total payments"! Its strange because surely the reconciled amounts are taken from the transactions by some formula. Perhaps its the currency, perhaps its rupees or ruble???

Login to Me Too

avaniraju
Contributor
Contributor
Have you contacted PayPal and have you had any suspicious activity as my account seems normal. I think and hope it is a glitch
Login to Me Too

avaniraju
Contributor
Contributor
I have had this exact same problem and I am concerned. Did PayPal respond to you as I haven’t got a respond. I think it maybe a glitch as less then 12 hours ago my insights were normal. My insights are more than 20 times what they should be. If you have got a response could you let me know what they said. Thanks
Login to Me Too

extenders_r_us
Contributor
Contributor

ME TOO,,, Freaked me right out, so glad I am not the only one. There is no friggen way I have had that kind of money go through my account in my LIFETIME let alone in 7,30 or 90 days. Holy cow man. I sure hope paypal or anyone else is not doing something we just cant see.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.