PayPal Financial Statement - eBay Partner Sales Tax Collection Question

KyVangeloff
Contributor
Contributor

I have been finishing up my tax paperwork and have a question regarding the sales tax collected by eBay. I export the financial summary & CSV export directly from PayPal to collect my sales activity and PayPal fees. I sell on eBay and collect my payments through PayPal but starting in late 2019, eBay started charging sales tax in a select number of states and they is deducted from my PayPal balance once the payment has been received. I noticed in in my CSV export, these payments come up as a deduction for "Tax Collected by Partner." I also noticed a few deductions in the export for "Partner Fee" and am not too sure the difference. The Partner Fee ended up showing up as Status "Denied."

My question is, from the financial summary, is my sales activity for Payments Received include this eBay collected partner tax?  I noticed in my 2019 Financial Summary that my Purchase Activity was higher than what I had purchased through my PayPal account and wondering if these Partner Fees ended up in this category. Hope to get any insight so I can do these tax numbers correctly. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.