Is it fair to refund for sold and posted item to a person who received it?

olga101uk
Contributor
Contributor

I sold a plant to a customer. I warned about delay with postage, but she left me a negative feedback almost straight away. Even though the plant was posted to her and there is a post certificate about it, the customer refused to revise her negative feedback and claimed and got the refund via PayPal.

Is it fair to refund the item, which has been posted ? Does it not allow to crooks to abuse the refund policy?

eBay Item Number: #170609501230 Anthurium - Flamingo Plant - Striking and Exotic!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

TheyCoverFraud
Contributor
Contributor

Olga, you are not the first. I lost 20g pure gold bar similar way... ($1050)

Login to Me Too

PayPal_lucy

Hey there olga101uk,

Did you have a tracking number showing delivery?

In order to be covered for seller protection and a case of non-receipt to be closed in your favour a valid tracking number is needed.

Login to Me Too

olga101uk
Contributor
Contributor

As the plant was posted by 1st class mail, there is no tracking number. But there is a Certificate of postage with stamp. Ebay offered me to complete a Notice of False and Defamatory content , I will try. But I checked her feedback, and I can see, she already tried this trick with other sellers. Ebay removed the negative feedback from one seller, but still she did not receive any warning and feels free to do it again.

Login to Me Too

kevin1973

olga101uk
Contributor
Contributor

OMG! What did you do to get money or gold back?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.