Problems with Check Capture

afrosaxon
New Community Member
I have tried, for two days straight, to add funds to my PayPal account using the "Add Check" feature on the Android app (I have a Samsung Galaxy Tablet, running Froyo 2.2). Each time I try, I get a "unable to read check" message. I have adjusted my tablet's settings in multiple ways (used daylight settings, nighttime settings, fluorescent light, flash, no flash, black and white tones), to no avail. I've captured the check image in bright sunlight, fluorescent light, combo of sunlight and fluorescent light, a naked bathroom light of 75 watts--still getting the error message. I've done all this on a fully charged battery too, and each time my image shows all four corners of the check (front and back) and my hands have been steady enough to produce clear, non-blurry pictures. I'm frustrated enough to go to the cursed bank. Anyone else having capture problems? Does this feature not work well for Android? Thanks.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

chinyawa
Contributor
Contributor

I have had exactly the same problem and had followed the same procedure you outlined. Today THU 1/26/12, I tried another check I had received and it went right through smoothly. I then re-tried the previously failed check and it failed again stating "the acct. line could not be read". I could read it clearly with my half-blind eyes. So I can't help but be curious about what's going on here. How do we solve it?

@afrosaxon wrote:
I have tried, for two days straight, to add funds to my PayPal account using the "Add Check" feature on the Android app (I have a Samsung Galaxy Tablet, running Froyo 2.2). Each time I try, I get a "unable to read check" message. I have adjusted my tablet's settings in multiple ways (used daylight settings, nighttime settings, fluorescent light, flash, no flash, black and white tones), to no avail. I've captured the check image in bright sunlight, fluorescent light, combo of sunlight and fluorescent light, a naked bathroom light of 75 watts--still getting the error message. I've done all this on a fully charged battery too, and each time my image shows all four corners of the check (front and back) and my hands have been steady enough to produce clear, non-blurry pictures. I'm frustrated enough to go to the cursed bank. Anyone else having capture problems? Does this feature not work well for Android? Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.