is the £5 offer a scam, can't contat paypal. useful. not!

mrspink
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, had an email for downloading app i'd get £5. but the link you click on takes you to log in, and wants password. Rings alarm bells. The email address looks a legit paypal.com one but can't understand verifying link by putting email and password in. Surely that's not the way to do it nowadays when you are advised not to click on links. Can't contact ebay only via the dumn chatbot who doesn't understand!! Eager to get a fiver if legit, but suspicous!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mrspink 

Log in directly on PayPal site and check your account or the offers page for the offer.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

mrspink
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, yes i checked under offers and nothing. The topic is on various offers sites with some having done it, some saying a scam. I thought I'd be able to email paypal but not. If it's a scam perhaps they can help stop it.
Login to Me Too

ksandeep911
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I didn't knew it was a scam. It looked like it came from PayPal. Though I tried to download the app and login but I didn't get any free credit for doing that. So, I clicked on that offer in email once again and now it showed me the offer page while previously it just logged me into my account and showed homepage. Strangely, it shows this message "This offer is not valid for this email address even though it is the same one". I hope it's not a scam and really PayPal who sent me this offer but probably has been ended before I claimed it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.