virtual cards

djbartram
Contributor
Contributor

How do I setup a virtual card to use with the pay later function? Can't find any links in my account to do this, even though have done it before. Did they recently remove this function for some reason? Also, says I'm qualified for $1500.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @djbartram 

Welcome to the PayPal Help Community and thanks for responding back!

I see you're looking to get the virtual credit card number for using Pay in 4. Approved customers should be able to get and copy the card information from the approval page to use it to complete the payment.  You can refer this page for more information on obtaining the virtual credit card number. You can also try to review this page about questions about Single-Use Card. 

Thanks for the help here @kernowlass!

I hope this information helps you,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@djbartram 

If the card you want to add is virtual or issued online then its not supported by paypal and you may need to try another card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

djbartram
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your prompt reply! However the virtual card that I am trying to generate is the PayPal virtual card that is used for the Pay Later option. I have used this option before with no problem, but now there doesn't appear to be any links in my account to generate the virtual card, even though it says I'm qualified for $1500.
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @djbartram 

Welcome to the PayPal Help Community and thanks for responding back!

I see you're looking to get the virtual credit card number for using Pay in 4. Approved customers should be able to get and copy the card information from the approval page to use it to complete the payment.  You can refer this page for more information on obtaining the virtual credit card number. You can also try to review this page about questions about Single-Use Card. 

Thanks for the help here @kernowlass!

I hope this information helps you,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Mrkburton
Contributor
Contributor
Did you ever find the correct answer? I am having the same problem. The option to generate the. Virtual card was there and now it’s gone. I can’t seem to get an answer
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @kernowlass, @PayPal_JonK, and @PayPal_Bindu,  

I have a thought about why the article is showing up now where it did not before. 

The moderation team typically posts links with the country code removed from the URL, so that the local page (if one exists) will show for anyone clicking the link, regardless of where they are. This works most of the time, because most of the articles have a localized version for every country. In those cases where a product is regional, the unavailable page will not show for most people when they first enter the Help Center from a country that doesn't have the product, and therefore doesn't have a version of that page. 

However, if you have loaded a US article that you found for someone else just prior to visiting that link, the page may have retained the cookie that says you are viewing US pages now, and it probably loaded the US version of the page. 

Sometimes when a page is country-specific, we might keep the country code in there and specify that it's information specific to that country or region. We don't always think to do that though, so apologies for the confusion.

You can always stick the country code back in the URL right after the paypal.com/ portion of the address, with another slash following it before the rest of the URL, or replace the existing country code with another one. Example:

Without the country code: https://www.paypal.com/cshelp/article/i-forgot-my-password-how-do-i-reset-it-help143

With the country code: https://www.paypal.com/us/cshelp/article/i-forgot-my-password-how-do-i-reset-it-help143

Let me know if you have any questions!

I know the topic derailed a bit for this information, but I hope it is helpful. 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_Bindu 

Those links don't show up for me, are they still valid as I would like to read up on this, cheers. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @kernowlass

Thanks for writing in! The links in Bindu's posts are for Pay in 4, which isn't available in the UK. Pay in 3 would be available in the UK. Here's an article you may find useful: What is Pay In 3?

I hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_JonK 

I have posted links on pay in 4 as per this one in the U.S and it shows up o.k.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cshelp/article/what-is-pay-in-4-help463

It was the 'virtual card' and single card options Paypal Bindu mentions that I wanted to read up on, is that the same as pay in 3 or pay in 4? 

Also as 'links' for other countries show up I couldn't understand why I couldn't access the ones posted. Cheers.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

@kernowlass,

Thanks for the clarification!! So sorry about the misunderstanding. 

Unfortunately, those two Help Center articles (https://www.paypal.com/us/cshelp/article/HELP942 and https://www.paypal.com/us/cshelp/article/HELP875) do not have any UK or international variations. You can see the Pay in 4 article is because it has a UK variation. 

Sorry again for the confusion here, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.