Zettle Card Number vs Name of Card Holder

ACCF
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, our business bought Zettle to use for credit card payments. We are not able to apply the payment to the person's account because we are only able to see the last 4 digits of the card number and not their name or information. Is there a way to display their name instead of the card number to identify?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Michael

Thanks for your reply, @ACCF. I asked for confirmation, and I was told the only information the Zettle Go app collects is the last four digits of the card number. I apologize for any inconvenience. At this time, there is no functionality within the app or the reports to display the name of the card holder.

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
38 REPLIES 38

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @ACCF. Thanks for taking the time to add your question about PayPal Zettle here on the Community Forum.

Please check out https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/faq4541 for information on how to configure and view reports.

I hope this is helpful. Thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community!

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

ACCF
Contributor
Contributor

No it did not help but thanks! Is there anyway to see the name of the cardholder in any of the reports. We had a fundraiser and need the name of the credit card holders to reconcile our budget properly. Is this possible?

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Michael

Thanks for your reply, @ACCF. I asked for confirmation, and I was told the only information the Zettle Go app collects is the last four digits of the card number. I apologize for any inconvenience. At this time, there is no functionality within the app or the reports to display the name of the card holder.

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

southsidedojo
Contributor
Contributor

That's a shame.  Just bought a reader, and now will throw it away.  We collect fees for memberships and lessons.  All the same dollar amount.  If we don't know who paid, we can't know who's allowed back in.  

Paypal Here, that I use on several other accounts, not only transmits the name of the card holder, it also allows you to add actual "customer information" at checkout, stored for the future.  And, Paypal Here remembered the customer's email address for receipts.  Now - the customer has to key it in every time, while others are standing behind them, waiting to pay.  

So to use this, I have to continue to do write hand written receipts to know who we took payment from, and for the customer to have a receipt without being inconvenienced, and inconveniencing those waiting behind them.    Keying it in manually, 3 times a week.  Dumb.  So many others, including the prior Paypal system, remembered this information.  

Zettle is a serious step backward, and really disappointing that they have made the older system, that actually worked better, unavailable.  

Really bad choice Paypal.  Think of your customers.  Bring back the features, or bring back Paypal Here until Zettle actually works with the functions you have offered for years. 

Login to Me Too

BostonNorth1
Contributor
Contributor

Totally agree. Waste of money and a step backwards!!!

Login to Me Too

ThePhil
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, they discontinued PayPal here that provided the name.  And now we can't figure out who paid... waste of time and money.,

Login to Me Too

ThePhil
Contributor
Contributor

Bring back a product that gives us what we need.

Login to Me Too

sbrenda
New Community Member

Unbelievable that no customer information is available with Zettle.  Bring back the PayPal Here app so that we can still effectively process credit card transactions.

Login to Me Too

catpawsdeborah
New Community Member

If we can't determine customer name using Zettle it is useless. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.