What's the point in using Pay In 4 if they "Pre-authorise" 3/4 of the final payment.

BigStan
New Community Member

What's the point in using Pay In 4 if they "Pre-authorise" 3/4 of the final payment which makes the bank seize my money for several weeks before they cancel the false charges? It has done it with 2 different purchases now so I might as well just pay for the purchase straight up because i'm no better off and I just end up having to watch my bank constantly to make sure they don't authorise the false charges causing PayPal to charge me again. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @BigStan

Welcome! Thanks for joining the PayPal Community Forum. I can understand it can be a bit confusing to see an authorisation like this during a Pay in 3/4 payment plan. I've pulled a Help Center article I think may shed some light here: Why is there a pending authorisation shown in my PayPal activity for my Pay in 4 Transaction?

I hope that helps, however you're welcome to reach out to our Customer Support teams by clicking "Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal page for further assistance. 

Best wishes!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.