URGENT! Was it a PayPal credit payment?

geosesarmarouxi
New Community Member
Please help! I was on the apple store to purchase a MacBook for university this year. I applied for PayPal credit was declined, but I think I accidentally entered some information incorrectly on the form (and was declined), so I went to do it again. The form didn’t come up and it was just confirmed and completed. It says I made the full purchase, despite no money being taken out from my account (and I have less than the payment in my bank account anyway), so I don’t know if it glitched and made me pay outright? How do I check if it’s a PayPal credit plan or an outright payment? Please help, this is very urgent!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@geosesarmarouxi 

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

Takes 5-7 working days to transfer as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option BUT funds normally leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later.

If insufficient funds then either your bank will deny the payment and paypal will put your paypal account into negative until you pay them back again OR paypal will use any back up card you have linked to your paypal account (after trying a few more time with your bank first). 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.