Setting up Profile for African Charity

ASTAfrica
New Community Member

Good day, i am trying to complete my profile and link my bank as a charitable trust that is incorporated in Botswana (this is in the Southern parts of Africa). I'm requested to give a USA address, bank details and EID to confirm that my charitable entity is just that. I don't have this information as we do not have a presence in USA so no address or bank account and definitely no EID. I would appreciate urgent assistance in understanding whether paypal is for the exclusive use of American citizens/entities/residents etc... also there are no African Banks... how am i to Link my Bank?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ASTAfrica 

Sounds as if you have opened a U.S paypal account instead of one for your own country?
Go to the settings cog next to log out and check what NATIONALITY is showing on the left side of that page, is it for your country or not?

When you click to register a paypal account there is a drop down list of countries with U.S being the default top option as Paypal is a U.S company.
You then have to scroll down and click on your own country to open the correct Paypal account for that country.

You can't use another countries Paypal account as it would never work properly and may be limited.

If you have opened a U.S paypal account by mistake then you need to remove anything you have added and close it (if you can) and then open one for the correct country you are in.
Paypal is country specific and differs a lot country to country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Astafrica2
New Community Member

Thank you very much this has helped. i did as advised all seems to be moving forward. thank you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.