PayPal Credit Not working for anything

EM0423
Contributor
Contributor

I setup my PayPal account, I started the PayPal credit, got approved, but it doesn't let me use it for anything... I tried to buy something online, doesn't work, tried to use it on Ebay, doesn't work, tried paying an invoice to someone for them drywalling and painting my basement, doesn't work, tried to just send them money from it because it said that was an option, doesn't work... How come I was approved for this but it doesn't work for anything? How can I get this work properly? Any insight would be appreciated...Thank you!

Login to Me Too
139 REPLIES 139

Bbc100100
Contributor
Contributor
I'm located in the us and they want me to add a bank account. That's not okay with me considering that they would now have access to pull my funds at any moment. Might as well not even have the so called credit they give you if that's the case. Made a hard inquiry on my damn credit report and it was all for nothing. Unbelievable.
Login to Me Too

Ratfinx
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve been having this same issue for about a week or two. I thought it was initially related to website maintenance that I recurved advance notifications of. If I’m not mistaken, it should be just past the quoted date/time that the PayPal credit would be down for maintenance... I should note that the notification specifically stated that it would only hinder me from being able to check my balance, make payments towards my balance, and check available credit... it SPECIFICALLY stated that it wouldn’t hinder my ability to shop using PayPal credit. Now, maybe in a day or two, suddenly it’ll start working again, and I can make purchases on credit. But I have to say, after reading through these complaints that mirror the issues I’ve been having, and seeing that this has been an ongoing issue since what, Mar ‘17.... over two years... Yeah... I’m just glad I didn’t try to bid on an auction, and was only trying to make a basic purchase.
Login to Me Too

Cohea2017
Contributor
Contributor
I had this same problem and was so frustrated. Customer service was no help. I realised paypal credit was my only form of payment on there so I linked a credit card and then tried to make a purchase with paypal credit and it worked. For me it just needed a back up form of payment I guess. Hopefully this helps someone else.
Login to Me Too

EricVera28
Contributor
Contributor
Hi i have £400.credit not used for ages but two day i wanted buy tv of a friend i put is pay pal name in and fhone number and send £400..but had trouble and pay pal wouldn't let me do it so why give me £400 credit Thanks .m
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @EricVera28,

I'm sorry that PayPal Credit was not presented as an option. I regret that it's not possible to determine the exact factors that cause it to be ruled out in most situations.

If you're paying a friend though, that may be the reason. In the UK, PayPal Credit may only be used for purchase payments.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Temp20230515ab
Contributor
Contributor
Why should I have to give them access to my cards or bank accounts?
Login to Me Too

BedBlue
Contributor
Contributor
I had the same problem. Was never able to use it period. First they wanted me to verify who I was so I sent them everything except my first born. Then they said it was eBays fault, then eBay said it was PayPals fault, then they passed me on to PayPal credit which is now MySnychrony bank. They said “ohhhh everything looks fine just verify a few more things with us” after that it was “Ohhh give it 48 hours before trying to use it”. Week later same problem. THEN it was “well try something really small and not that high priced” which is their way of saying Prove to us you can make payments and we’ll let you buy more expensive products. Eh wrong, I couldn’t even buy a $80 teddy bear. What their computer system is saying your red flagged, they think you’re shady and good luck trying to use it again. I literally just canceled mine today without being able to use it once. Took a hard hit to my credit, don’t bother with it. Just use your own money because the company is a sham and I’ll gladly let other people know about it as well.
Login to Me Too

diaguate
Contributor
Contributor

This solved my problem. I added an additional payment method and it allowed me to use my paypal credit as primary source and the additional card as a backup if needed.

Login to Me Too

Stardutch99
New Community Member
PayPal credit is not working for me. Someone help.
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

I'm sorry to hear that PayPal Credit is not working on the transactions where you'd like to use it. Every transaction that is processed through PayPal first passes through evaluations to determine if the available payment methods can be used for the payment. In some situations, PayPal Credit may not be available for the transaction. This is often due to some element of risk detected.

If PayPal Credit is not presented as a payment method for the transaction, you can select a different payment method, or try the transaction again on a later date to see if the system will present that option for the new payment. 

I am sorry for the inconvenience experienced.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.