PayPal Credit Not working for anything

EM0423
Contributor
Contributor

I setup my PayPal account, I started the PayPal credit, got approved, but it doesn't let me use it for anything... I tried to buy something online, doesn't work, tried to use it on Ebay, doesn't work, tried paying an invoice to someone for them drywalling and painting my basement, doesn't work, tried to just send them money from it because it said that was an option, doesn't work... How come I was approved for this but it doesn't work for anything? How can I get this work properly? Any insight would be appreciated...Thank you!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

I'm sorry to hear that PayPal Credit is not working on the transactions where you'd like to use it. Every transaction that is processed through PayPal first passes through evaluations to determine if the available payment methods can be used for the payment. In some situations, PayPal Credit may not be available for the transaction. This is often due to some element of risk detected.

If PayPal Credit is not presented as a payment method for the transaction, you can select a different payment method, or try the transaction again on a later date to see if the system will present that option for the new payment. 

I am sorry for the inconvenience experienced.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
139 REPLIES 139

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Well, you need to maintain an extremely high credit score, low debt to available credit with credit cards, strong financial statement, steady income, no disputes, and other risk factors. 

You will be offered to use PayPal Credit at time of purchase when all risk factors are good.  This includes the item being purchased.

For now, patience and maybe even for a long time.  You are the only one who knows your real financial an credit situation.

Login to Me Too

Euanmckie
Contributor
Contributor
That's a poor and incorrect answer
Login to Me Too

TheRealTamekia
Contributor
Contributor
My credit score 750 sti that's not the issue. I made one purchase, but can't use the rest and they innit can say that they're Protection is doing it. That bull because when you call them and say it's you they still don't go through even in Ebay it any website even if it has a PayPal Credit button I'm going to pay them that little $106 and close my account.
Login to Me Too

Shoemakerd1
New Community Member
What's the purpose for approval for a line of credit if these are still a factor? A part of the approval process is to conduct the credit check and ones financial situation. Everytime you purchase an item should not be an approval process over again lol.
Login to Me Too

MPsoldier
Contributor
Contributor
I agree 100%. I have been approved almost a week ago now and can not use my account. What's worse is customer service can't even give me a reason why.
Login to Me Too

Temp20230515z
Same situation. I was surprised to even be approved with my current situation. Whole point was credit didn't matter...so they say. But I was approved. But can't use credit they gave me because I don't have enough history with pay pal. In my opinion why even give me credit.....what a tease, what a joke. I'd rather them just tell me I am not eligible .....which is exactly the case. But I also receive different answers everytime I call.
Login to Me Too

Deanman121
I been approve for 3 months . 3k for nothing
Login to Me Too

Yanis3
Contributor
Contributor
Mine its not working either its a big lie you can nit use it its not working
Login to Me Too

Temp20220923E
Contributor
Contributor
Here's my issue; I got a credit line for $3750 and it allowed me to use $1000 of it right away. Now, it isnt even offered at the same merchant. This is very frustrating because the $1000 was a deposit for a custom built instrument and now it wont let me pay the rest. Why does paypal insist on decieving its customers? I guess I'm out $1000 bucks??????
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.