Pay in 4 Virtual Card access

SkepGecko
Contributor
Contributor

I want to use PayPal Pay in 4 at a vendor that the option doesn't show up for, but I can't find a way to access a single-use virtual card to do so. I know that I've done it before, and it shows up in the text in the info on Pay in 4 in the app, but I can't find it anywhere. I don't have a virtual card already, I need one—just to be clear.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @SkepGecko

Welcome to the PayPal Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that Pay in 4 isn't showing up as an option for you at purchase and you're unable to find the location to create a Single-Use Card. If the option to use Pay in 4 is not available when checking out through PayPal, the merchant likely doesn't allow it as a payment method, or the Security System declined it. In this situation, creating a Single-Use Card would likely not work either. 

To create a Single-Use Card, please log into your PayPal App and tap the Pay Later option on the Home Page. After that, select Get Started and type in your desired amount. Pay in 4 can be used for purchases between $30 and $1,500 USD. Next, click Continue, confirm your information, and tap Agree and Apply. Once that's done, you'll be prompted to set up your Autopay repayment payment method. You'll select Agree and Apply one more time before you're presented with the Single-Use Card number, if approved. 

I hope this information helps you create your Single-Use Card! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Foreverchef418
New Community Member

There is no option "get started" on the app to create a single use card. Any help would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too

azarel444
New Community Member

There is no get started option in the app. It only says to choose paypal as payment option and select pay in 4 option. There is no way to make a one time card on the app. This is a useless guide.

Login to Me Too

saintaqua
Contributor
Contributor

This still isn't working for me. There is no option in the app nor the site to create one and the option has vanished from Honey on every site I formerly used it on. 

I can still do "Pay in 4" on sites that accept Paypal, but that's it. The Honey option and app option is gone.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @saintaqua 

Thank you for writing in the PayPal Hep Community!

I understand your concern about not having the option to get the virtual card. If you've applied for Pay in 4 using PayPal Honey and got approved, you can see the card information in the approval page. You should copy the card information to your clipboard from the approval page, choose credit card to check out on the merchant site and paste the card details to complete the purchase. This virtual card information is for single online use which is valid for 24 hours only. PayPal is not able to duplicate the virtual credit card information if it is not copied. If you misplaced the virtual credit card information, you would need to apply again.  

I hope this information helps,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

SkepGecko
Contributor
Contributor
I still haven't found a solution to this issue, months later. The "solutions" in the replies don't help or aren't even available options, so they're of no use. I wish there was a better guide or way of making an actual, stand-alone virtual card that could be used for Pay in 4.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.