I cannot paywith Paypal, Paypal Cashback Mastercard anywhere except for USPS website

ladyxdemi
New Community Member

I currently have some issues paying with either Paypal Cashback Mastercard or just Paypal in general. Last night, I tried to pay using Paypal at Sephora's website and it just couldn't verify that it's me and said 'we're having trouble making sure it's you'. They didn't even try texting me the code, this just came up. After calling both representatives from Cashback Mastercard that said it looks good on their end, and Paypal that said to try again in an hour or 24 hours if it still doesn't work, I tried again. I tried an hour after, it didn't work so I just tried using the Cashback Mastercard. I just found out that my Sephora transaction that I thought went through got declined PLUS my amazon orders as well. Before you tell me a solution, let me give you some background as well on what has happened to my account lately.

I have all US account but I live abroad. I have been asking my sister usually for help with mails from banks. In December, my paypal got hacked. Someone changed my email and added a bunch of addresses. Although when I called, they apparently didn't do any transactions. I confirmed with my representatives that all of the transactions were mine and that the hackers didn't get to make any. They changed my email back, gave it back to me, told me to set up 2 step verification, so I did. After a few weeks, for whatever reason the fraud department decided that all of my transactions were fraud and decided to refund all of my money. However, that's the start of all of my problems. I can't take out my Paypal rewards and I cannot use Paypal because of the verification issue. I thought the 2 step was the problem, decided to turn it off. Long story short, I called Paypal numerous times, they always say to try again after lifting restrictions or whatever they do to my account which have never worked. I also asked if the refunds were the issue because the transactions were mine and I have specified so to which they replied 'no, it's your right because it has been refunded.' So I don't know what the issue is. Despite all of that, I signed up for Cashback Mastercard. Worked good twice, used it for Tello and Patreon. Until I got late fee because I forgot to turn on the auto payment. I haven't paid the balance the time when I tried to pay my Sephora and Amazon orders so I don't know if this contributes but it only adds up to like 19.78 dollars.

Sorry for the long post but it has been going on for 4 months so there's a lot of things happened to the account. I've talked to so many representatives and no one is able to help me. At this point, I'm very much frustrated. Do I just have to make a new account and deactivate this one? Has this happened to any of you?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.