How is PayPal in My Shopping Cart?

KingRay
Contributor
Contributor

I haven't written code since the early 2000's. So how is PayPal peeping into my browser and picking up that I put some items in a shopping cart? I'm not using PayPal to pay for them and haven't checked-out yet? They sent me a $5 coupon or discount for the items in there, and I have no idea how. Is this place following me around the internet because I have an account? 

I think the entire world needs to relabel all these Privacy Policies as Public Policies, because that is what they're all doing. Opening us up to advertising galore, putting pop-ups on our computers, bombarding me with text messages, and being nosy enough to know what I'm doing when I'm thinking about purchasing things. I just found it in poor taste and intrusive to be looking at what I may or may not buy. Ummmmm...

I think I'm in the right place, because most of you are talking about writing things between PayPal, merchants and consumers.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KingRay 

Yeah they have some feature that saves your cart, something creepy.

Go to your Settings > Data & Privacy > PayPal Shopping > toggle the button off/on.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KingRay 

Yeah they have some feature that saves your cart, something creepy.

Go to your Settings > Data & Privacy > PayPal Shopping > toggle the button off/on.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.