How do I change a customer's email address?

notarealblonde
Contributor
Contributor

I need to be able to change a customers email address. How can I do that without recreating the customer?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

W-I-T
Contributor
Contributor

It would be very nice for PayPal to answer this question.

Login to Me Too

GLS_TES
New Community Member

It can not be a rare thing to need to change a customer's email address. It would be nice for PayPal to answer this question.

Login to Me Too

MonsteraEtc
Contributor
Contributor

I have had to cancel and re-invoice several customers because they submitted the wrong email address, changed the one they preferred to use, or there was a typo. This seems to be the ONLY customer info that is NOT editable and it is the one thing most likely to change! It is SUCH a HORRIBLE waste of time to have to re-create a whole new customer profile AND a whole new invoice simply over a new email address.

Login to Me Too

welovepd
New Community Member

I have the same issue! Can't believe there I son way to change and update that! 

Login to Me Too

JonlinCreative
New Community Member

Actually you can do it, but it's obscure (took me a while to find it).

On the Invoicing page, just to the left of the Create Batch Invoice you'll see a gear icon. Click that and select Customers from the list of options. Once you're on the Customers page click the pencil icon next to the customer you want to edit, and it will allow you to edit the e-mail address.

PayPalScreenshot.jpg

Login to Me Too

backburner
New Community Member

I have not found that this changes the email address on a recurring series. Does anyone have an answer for this?

Login to Me Too

W-I-T
Contributor
Contributor

If the invoice is not open, say it is recurring, then you can go in and edit the customer.  If you are under Invoices, select the gear icon (Settings) above right, then select Customers.  You will be able to change the email address there.  If a recurring invoice has been sent out, make changes to the customer as mentioned, then cancel the invoice and create a new one.  It's not perfect, but it is the only way to change the email address.  Hopefully a better way will be found in the next update.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.