Failed pending pay in 3

TonyL84
New Community Member
Hi, I recently tried to make a pay in 3 purchase from wickes (uk) via their app & the pay pal app. I tried doing the process twice but I had an email saying wickes had cancelled the transaction for some reason, however I travelled to the store & paid in full via my bank card. Later that evening I checked my bank account & I have x2 PayPal pay in 3 "pending" for the x2 precious failed attempts to buy the items from the wickes app, will PayPal start the pay in 3 process for x2 payments or will they see this has failed & cancel the pay in 3 transactions? Thank you
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TonyL84 

When you pay a company then it is often pending or awaiting authorisation until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process the order and capture that payment (which they won't if they cancelled it) then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment and returns back to your funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.