Can't access payment feature on paypal credit acct. Solution?

essbeep
Contributor
Contributor

What's going on with PayPal Credit? I can't MAKE A PAYMENT to my balance. I tried updating bank cards, email and password, adding checking, etc. etc.

STILL Getting Technical Error message. Also get when trying to view statement or ANYTHING paypal credit related. Same problem on 2 browsers and updated iphone ap.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

essbeep
Contributor
Contributor

Finally I got thru to a person at Paypal credit after not being able to access my account online EVER.

I was able to get into my account after speaking with a rep.

There was a LATE CHARGE and INTEREST on my account -- which I asked to be removed and it was.

Hopefully, if you call and speak to someone they can get you in! Good luck!!!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

subcultures10
Contributor
Contributor

same here....made a payment over the phone but this BS about the link not working for anything on Paypal credit is out of control. It hasnt worked in 3 weeks and keeps telling me technical error try again later. Well my first payment is about to be passed, which they probably want to happen the greedy **bleep**es they are. If this dont get fix im going to pay my entire bill off next month and **bleep** their credit, I'll use another company that makes it easy to simply click and pay your bills

@PayPal_Jo  @PayPal_Yi  ANYONE HELP!!! tried the calling thing and only to be cut off both times. Pretty convenient 

Login to Me Too

AdidasNgu0
Contributor
Contributor

this is so ridiculous, I can't see my payments. I thought i needed to apply for paypal credits to see my payments again. so I signed up for a new line of credit for no reason. how do I freaking pay my bill.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Marina

Hi @essbeep, @subcultures10, and @AdidasNgu0,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you have all experienced when trying to make a payment towards your PayPal Credit balance. This is a known technical issue, and our support team is working to resolve this as quickly as possible. In the meantime, I'd recommend contacting Synchrony Bank directly for assistance with making a payment.

Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.

- Marina

Login to Me Too

80s_Man
Contributor
Contributor

I was wondering what's up.  I've had no luck getting into my PayPal Credit account for a couple weeks or so now.  A month or so ago I used PayPal Credit to purchase an item online with their "pay it off in six months and avoid interest" promotion.  But if you miss a payment or are late, then all the interest is applied to the purchase.  I had set up an automatic payment plan for the monthly payments (due on the 23rd of each month).  I'll be contacting Synchrony tomorrow and all I can say is they better not try to hit me with the interest!  It seems to me that PayPal/PayPal Credit should be more on top of things like this, considering the impact they can have on someone's credit if there is a mess-up on PayPal's end.

I'll be keeping close tabs on this situation...

80s_Man

Login to Me Too

80s_Man
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE: So today I called the number for PayPal Credit.  It took me a couple minutes to get through the automated system to a live person.  I explained to that person that I had been trying to access my PPC account unsuccessfully for the past couple weeks to pay on my balance, but that I have been unable to do so.  This person verified my identity by asking for the last four digits of my social security number.  Then she suddenly said that she was going to have to transfer me to someone else because she was unable to process my payment (debit card).  I waited on hold for about seven or 8 minutes, then another lady picked up.  She had trouble verifying my identity and I told her that the previous person used the last four digits of my ss# to do so.  This lady apparently couldn't do that.  After roughly 15 minutes of back and forth and getting put on hold a few times, this lady was able to (finally) take my debit card payment on my balance.  Then I reminded her that I wanted to know if I had been assessed a late fee and after another few minutes on hold, she came back on and said that yes, I had been assessed a late fee of $29 as my payment is past the due date.  I reminded her that early on in the call I had explained the situation as to why I was paying late.  I was put on hold again for a few minutes.  She came back on and said that they can't do anything about the late fee until my payment posts in their system, which will take 24-48 hours.  Once it posts, I can call back in and discuss having the late fee waived.  I looked at the call timer on my cell phone and I spent over half an hour on the phone trying to get this resolved--and was only partially successful.  I have no idea what's going on behind the scenes at Synchrony Bank/PayPal Credit, but I am NOT impressed.

Login to Me Too

80s_Man
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE:    A couple days after I made my phone payment to PayPal Credit (Synchrony) I called them again and was able to get the $29 late fee reversed.  This phone call took me all of 5 minutes.  I don't know why my first phone call to pay my bill was so difficult that I spent over half an hour on the phone with PayPal, but I hope they get their act together.

Login to Me Too

essbeep
Contributor
Contributor
I had to call in since my paypal credit balance came due. I won’t be using it again until they resolve this issue.
Login to Me Too

80s_Man
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE:  

I received an email reminder a few days ago that my next payment is due, and it turns out that Synchrony Bank did NOT reverse the $29(usd) late fee after all (see my previous post).  My normal monthly payment is $43.42 but my minimum payment due is $79.42.  This is ridiculous!  For two months now, PayPal Credit users have been unable to access their accounts online.  That means we can't make payments or view statements.  The only way to access your account is apparently to call Synchrony Bank directly and it's a toss-up as to whether you will spend 5 minutes or 35 minutes dealing with them just to make a payment or get an unfair late fee reversed.  I think I'm just going to call today and pay off my balance and be done with it all.  

Login to Me Too
Solved

essbeep
Contributor
Contributor

Finally I got thru to a person at Paypal credit after not being able to access my account online EVER.

I was able to get into my account after speaking with a rep.

There was a LATE CHARGE and INTEREST on my account -- which I asked to be removed and it was.

Hopefully, if you call and speak to someone they can get you in! Good luck!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.