Account suspensions – forewarned is forearmed

jgbrown
Contributor
Contributor

I am a newbie to online commerce and using Paypal to take payments in an online store. I have been working to set up a Woocommerce store, and initially chose Automattic's Woopayments service as the payment processor. Before I could even finish getting the store online, I received word from Automattic that my Woopayments account (and the associated Stripe account) had been suspended. I asked for an explanation of the reasons for the suspension, and got none – their support team simply closed the ticket without further comment.

So, understandably, I am a bit anxious about trying another payment processor. I would like some advice that might help me avoid a similar issue with Paypal.

My question is therefore a simple one: What are the most common reasons that would lead Paypal to suspend a business account? 

If I am aware of the usual pitfalls, I can do my best to avoid triggering a suspension. (Yes, I will be studying the Paypal Terms of Service – but it will be of great use to know what the Paypal user community has seen to be common reasons for suspension.)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jeff [Removed]
Cincinnati OH

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jgbrown 

By not breaking the rules in their user agreement OR acceptable use policy.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jgbrown
Contributor
Contributor

OK, so I know I need to be studying the user agreement and acceptable use policy. But... the Legal Agreements page is pretty intimidating. There are twenty items listed under 'For Merchants and Businesses' alone.

So, let me try a different tack: My online business will be selling print-on-demand goods. It operates out of the United States as an LLC. I plan (at the outset at least) to sell only to customers in the United States.

It seems to me that the basic agreements that I want to be certain to understand and comply with are:

What am I missing? Which of the other business-related terms of service should I be studying?

Thanks...

JGB

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.