prepaid master card just won't activate after trying everything from support to YouTube.

KoboId
Contributor
Contributor

No matter what I do the PayPal prepaid Mastercard will not activate. Support has been no help at all and keep looping me around.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KoboId 

According to the FAQs, you don’t have to activate the card to use the cash you loaded on it unless you want more features.

Visit a retail location to purchase a temporary PayPal Prepaid Card. There's no credit check and you will be able to load money to the card when you buy it, but the card will need to be activated and your identity verified in order to: a) receive a personalized card; b) add more money to the card account; and c) access more of the card's features, such as direct deposit. If you do not activate the temporary card within 120 days of its purchase, it will expire and become unusable. See below for more information about where the card can be purchased and what it means for you if your temporary card is not activated and it expires.

When you purchase the temporary card at a retail location and make an initial value load of up to $500, you will have the use of a temporary card with limited functionality: the temporary card cannot be reloaded with additional funds and it will expire 120 days from the date of purchase. In order to have access to more features of the card account, including receipt of a personalized card, access to the Virtual Account feature, and the ability to make additional value loads, you must activate the card and verify your identity following the instructions shown above or those that accompany the temporary card.

Try clearing browser cache/PayPal cookies and activating again:

https://www.paypal-prepaid.com/account/activate

There’s also a 24 hr toll-free automated phone number in the FAQs for activating the card.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.