paypal credit, 0% up to 48 months

Slavi88
Contributor
Contributor

Hi ,I've got paypal credit of £1200 as I have used it few times to pay in 4 month with 0% interest . Now there is this new promotion with certain online merchants to pay for items which costs more than £999 with paypal credit 0% interest for up to 48 months and that's for new and existing customers. I chose that option to pay for £4000 laptop from www.cclonline.com ,chose to pay for 24 months ,everything looked ok,and when I was redirected back to the merchant web site ,there I had the message that payment was unsuccessful. So what should I do ,I didn't get any decline message from paypal, yet the merchant's customer service told me to contact paypal. Do you think I should somehow increase my credit limit first or something like that. I thought it should automatically increase to £4000 when I finalise the purchase. Sadly I can't try that with another merchant to check if the problem is in www.cclonline.com website  ,as this is the only one with that laptop in stock. Thank you

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Slavi88 

Was there even  a pre-authorization on your PayPal Credit account?

Scroll down the Credit Increases section:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/paypal-virtual-credit/faq#faqs

And see 1. Credit Limit section:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/credit-promotion-terms

Based on the FAQs and PPC terms, this £4k transaction’s not going to go through. You’ve exceeded the limit by a significant amount and they did not extended the credit limit nor approve the transaction without increasing credit limit. Buy something closer to your £1200 limit.

Credit limit increases are offered or given at PayPal’s discretion, you can’t apply for it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Slavi88
Contributor
Contributor

it seems to me a bit weird , basically when I first applied for paypal credit ,it was to buy a phone for £700 ,so that's how much credit I received , later I bought a tablet with new offer from paypal credit - 4 month 0% interest ,and got my credit auto increased. Since then I didn't use the credit any more , with that logic I thought if I were a  new customer and  apply for bigger purchase ,like the laptop I want ,I should get that amount of £4k ,but as I'm already existing customer ,I should apply for this new offer and get approved or declined ,but I didn't get any email or message for that. 

P.S. All online shops which have this new paypal offer for up to 48 months 0% interest  states that even if you dont have paypal at all ,you could register and apply for paypal credit straight away  ,and if you get declined ,paypal will send you email with explanation and info about that, but I didn't receive anything at all. It's really confusing 

Login to Me Too

Slavi88
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker it seems to me a bit weird , basically when I first applied for paypal credit ,it was to buy a phone for £700 ,so that's how much credit I received , later I bought a tablet with new offer from paypal credit - 4 month 0% interest ,and got my credit auto increased. Since then I didn't use the credit any more , with that logic I thought if I were a  new customer and  apply for bigger purchase ,like the laptop I want ,I should get that amount of £4k ,but as I'm already existing customer ,I should apply for this new offer and get approved or declined ,but I didn't get any email or message for that. 

P.S. All online shops which have this new paypal offer for up to 48 months 0% interest  states that even if you dont have paypal at all ,you could register and apply for paypal credit straight away  ,and if you get declined ,paypal will send you email with explanation and info about that, but I didn't receive anything at all. It's really confusing

Login to Me Too

Slavi88
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker  Anyway ,thanks for your help ,just checked through my bank app what credit cards they offer ,so I applied and got accepted for 23 months 0% interest credit card with  £8k credit limit ,so I guess it's pointless to try with paypal credit anymore . 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.