denied purchase paypal credit

Temp20211003b
Contributor
Contributor

i keep getting the run around paypal says its not denying my purchase attempts but i cant use my available credit balance and nobody seems to help can someone help me please and not give me the run around

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Temp20211003c
New Community Member
I find PayPal so bogus! I have paypal credit I’m not even using 2% of my credit available balance to make a purchase and it’s being denied. No one in there customer service area seems to know anything! This is very frustrating as I made purchases thinking it was going to PayPal credit only for it to come out of my checking account! Then the rep. Tell me to make my 5th purchase on my dime and not on PayPal credit! Like what’s the point of me having PayPal credit with their promotion for pay back if I can’t use it!? I should just let them eat the money I owe them and say **bleep** the whole PayPal credit BS as it’s useless!
Login to Me Too

Ryno441
New Community Member
Same and keep getting run around. I’ve had this issue before and swore I wouldn’t use them again. It’s trash
Login to Me Too

Temp20211003c
New Community Member
Paypal is complete bs
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Drew

Hello @Temp20211003b & @ Kparker81490, 

Sorry if these denied payments have caused frustration. I certainly understand from your perspective that it doesn't make sense if a payment is being denied when you have the credit. 

It is possible that our security system is denying the transaction from going through. This generally happens if the activity on your account isn't consistent. This could be anything from accessing from an unusual location to making purchases that aren't normal for your account. Unfortunately, we don't have a way to resolve this as our security system must trust the account to allow a purchase. The best advice we can give is to try the payment again in 48 hours. 

Regards, 

Drew

Login to Me Too

Jgtoner989
New Community Member
I have had the same issue! I ordered something from a store and went back to buy something else from the same store 3 days later and I can’t use my credit! I have available credit but it won’t let me use it at any retailer that accepts PayPal Credit. This is very frustrating.
Login to Me Too

Ryno441
New Community Member
:{doubt}:
Login to Me Too

halfrunner13
Contributor
Contributor

I was told my purchase was flagged as 'Risky' by the system automatically. I was also told that there was no one at Paypal that could change that status. I am purchasing an item through Walmart.com. I verified my identity. I have more than enough available credit and am linked to a bank account with 10 times the amount of cash needed to purchase the item. I was also told by the rep that I talked to that her supervisor would call me back. It's been 5 hours and no phone call. Also, how is it that NO ONE in the ENTIRE COMPANY has the ability to change the status so that it's not flagged as risky. The only reason it got flagged is because I got a text asking if it was really me making the purchase and I did not respond to the text quickly enough. When I finally did, it told me to attempt the purchase again. When I did that, the system flagged it for 'multiple attempts'. When I reached out to customer service, they didn't see that it was flagged yet and told me to keep trying because there was a glitch on their end. So, I kept trying and the third call to customer service was when they let me know it was flagged BECAUSE I DID WHAT THEY TOLD ME TO DO!!!! If you put systems in place to prevent activity because it appears suspicious to protect your customers then you should have a way of reversing those systems when you find out they were done in ERROR!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.