Why can't we add PayPal's cash back Mastercard to apple pay?

raisetheroof
Contributor
Contributor

I was reading through the list of banks that work with Apple Wallet, and synchrony is one of them. Why is it they don't want to work with apple wallet? I'm apple to set it up as my default for my Apple ID, what's wrong with the wallet? saves me from having to carry the physical card and risk losing it. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @raisetheroof

Thank you for making your first post in the PayPal Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear that you have had difficulty setting up your PayPal Cash Back Mastercard in your Apple Pay Wallet.

If Apple is declining to allow the card to be added to your Apple Pay wallet, I recommend reaching out to Apple Pay's Customer Service to inquire. 

I hope this can be resolved quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

raisetheroof
Contributor
Contributor
Hey Olivia, I appreciate the feedback! So you’re saying on PayPal’s end I should be able to add it?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @raisetheroof

I'm not aware of anything that would prevent the use of the card with Apple Pay solely because it's Apple Pay. If there are any elements of risk present or other unforeseen issues, that could potentially prompt a decline on PayPal's end, however. If Apple is not able to determine the issue on their end, try PayPal Customer Service to allow a representative to look to see if there are any other reasons for decline. I definitely would start with Apple, though.

Have a great day!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.