Unable to use my credit account to make a payment.

moto78
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I’m trying to make a payment using my PayPal credit account but it won’t let me choose it as a payment option. Please help!
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @moto78

Welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry you're having trouble making a payment using your PayPal Credit. There are a couple of reasons this might be. Before you can use PayPal Credit with a merchant, the merchant has to opt into accepting Pay Later options. If they haven't, you wouldn't be able to use PayPal Credit with them. Another reason may be that you're running into our Security System. Our Security System reviews each transaction at the time of the purchase. If it determines a higher than normal risk, it may limit what payment methods are available. To help with this, I recommend always using a consistent device when logging into your PayPal account. 

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @moto78

Welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry you're having trouble making a payment using your PayPal Credit. There are a couple of reasons this might be. Before you can use PayPal Credit with a merchant, the merchant has to opt into accepting Pay Later options. If they haven't, you wouldn't be able to use PayPal Credit with them. Another reason may be that you're running into our Security System. Our Security System reviews each transaction at the time of the purchase. If it determines a higher than normal risk, it may limit what payment methods are available. To help with this, I recommend always using a consistent device when logging into your PayPal account. 

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

moto78
Contributor
Contributor
Okay, thanks for the reply. I always use the same device so it must be the merchant.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.