USPS Labels Printed Through Shipstation are missing top 1/4" of label, UPS Fine

RunswScissors
Contributor
Contributor

Last month, we were forced to use paypal shipstation. I didn't have a 4x6 label printer, I have been using a Brother 710 for several years flawlessly. Realizing that it would be best to buy a new thermal transfer label printer, I followed the links through ShipStation, and they recommended the Dymo Labelwriter 4XL. 

Being stuck with labels I needed to print, I bought one, same day delivery through Amazon.. that's as far as the good has gone. 

I have spent hours going through every conceivable printing option, and despite all my hair pulling, I cannot print a full USPS label through the website. 

Every time I try to print a USPS label through Shipstation, the top 1/4" or so of the label is missing. 

1. The print size is set up for a 4x6 label
  2. I have selected 4x6 label in the meager paypal shipstation preferences. 
  3. I have tried to Fit to print area
  4. I have scaled it to 90%, it prints a smaller label with the top cut off. 

If I buy UPS shipping through paypal shipstation, it prints the label perfectly. 

If I purchase shipping on ebay, the same 4x6 label printer prints perfectly. 

If I take the USPS shipstation label, save it as a PDF, open it in a PDF viewer and print it..... it prints the label perfectly. 

Every time I try to print a USPS label through Shipstation, the top 1/4" or so of the label is missing. 

I have contacted Shipstation. They said it's a problem with the printer. I told them it was the printer they recommended. They said, they don't recommend printers, so I sent the helpdesk a link to the shipstation.com that references the Dymo Labelwriter 4XL. https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025869832-Printing-Overview

Shipstations answer?  "That is a post for Shipstation, our paid subscription plan, and not for the PayPal by ShipStation Shipping Center. "

subscription plan??? WHAT AM I BEING CHARGED $12/MONTH FOR THEN???? 

I am beyond frustrated by being forced to a new service, forcing my old printer obsolete, forced to buy a new printer, having printer issues AND being charged $12 for the added frustration.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.