Paypal is dropping UPS as an option for paypal shipping

bookbinder
Contributor
Contributor

I just went to print out a label on PayPal shipping using UPS.

Got a message that because they are transitioning to a different company/software to handle the shipping page, they will no longer be offering UPS as an option.  First eBay and now PayPal.

I run my whole internet business through PayPal, shipping via UPS. 

Using a different shipper or money handler is not an option.

screen shot:

bookbinder_0-1635830582705.png

What options are there to smoothly transition from PayPal to automatically filling out UPS forms other than PayPal shipping?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

knnu21
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, you are not alone, I had a BIG problem with PayPal shipping this past week. PayPal left their old shipping format up, at least it was still coming up when I clicked the "create a shipping label" link......I purchased a shipping label to Munich, Germany online, or at least THOUGHT I did.....It allowed me to print the label, and I took the package to the UPS store, and they processed it as usual. About two weeks later I get an invoice in the mail from UPS asking for the amount I thought I had paid. I go back to my PayPal account, and the record of the transaction had disappeared, and then I checked my bank account and they never took the money out. So I went the UPS store and the clerk there, a good guy by the way, called the main UPS office and they let me pay by credit card over the phone to speed up processing, as the package was stuck in their warehouse in Koeln, Germany for days.  UPS finally delivered the package to the Munich address today. Now I have a problem , because I only use UPS  for international shipments. The mail is NOT an option. The clerk at the UPS Store suggested I try to set up an account with UPS directly, and that I should be able to get a good discount with UPS. PayPal really dropped the ball on this. I think PayPal wants to get out of the shipping thing altogether, and probably lose users as well.  Either that or they are grossly incompetent.

Login to Me Too

knnu21
Contributor
Contributor

Screenshot 2021-11-25 at 13-36-45 Create Shipping Label - PayPal.png

They still haven't taken down the old shipping format! I just tried it again......

Login to Me Too

bookbinder
Contributor
Contributor

I have a UPS account but they provide no way to link paypal payments to the UPS website.

My son suggested shipeasy.  He used it for his music store for years until they got their own system.

I just hope there isn't a huge wasted amount of time learning to use it.  Haven't done it yet.

I shipped a bunch of boxes this week with paypal/UPS so I hope they all got paid and don't have a problem at the other end.

Login to Me Too

knnu21
Contributor
Contributor

Check your PayPal account transactions, and see if the transactions are posted. Mine appeared initially, then disappeared, and the money was never taken out of my bank account. Check your bank account also to see if the funds were taken out.  If the transactions were not processed by PayPal, then you will get invoice(s) in the mail from UPS, or they may call you if they have your phone number. I am hearing impaired so cannot take voice calls. My phone did ring with several times, so it may have been UPS trying to reach me. They mailed me an invoice after the package had been sitting in Koeln (Cologne) several days, and maybe a week to 10 days after I had printed the label on the old PayPal Create a Shipping Label website..... If you get the invoice from UPS, if you can call them, then you can probably pay the shipping charges over the phone and lessen the delay for your customers.

Login to Me Too

bookbinder
Contributor
Contributor

Just when I think I have my business all settled down, things change big time.  I used to use ebay shipping until they eliminated UPS.  I used to sell on ebay until they stopped accepting paypal to receive my payments.  they want buyers to use their system.  No thanks.

so now another road block I have to circumvent. 

What will you do once paypal stops using UPS?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.