Paypal Credit Is Useless

Winceiam
Contributor
Contributor

It's very clear from reading the previous thread that PayPal credit has been a mess for years now but I'm just now figuring this out. I have a $3,500 credit line and I went to check out on a transaction that offered PayPal credit as an option with a 6 month differed interest. Assuming the transaction was completed, I go about my way. A few days later I realize my bank account was charged for the transaction in which I tried to use my PayPal credit. I'm glad I had the funds in my account to cover this transaction. There was no message sent or notification to let me know that PayPal credit was not accepted or anything. I just don't understand. Just take the dang option away for good.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Winceiam,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

I understand your point here about the Payment via PayPal credit. Please be advised that PayPal Credit is meant to be used to purchase through the merchant websites and only if that merchant offers PayPal Credit as the payment method. Whenever you make a payment from your PayPal account the transaction goes through a series of filters to determine how much risk may be involved in that transaction. If the system deems a transaction to be at high risk, then it may limit the funding options that are available or block the payment from going through altogether. This might be the reason, your funding source has been changed from PayPal Credit to your bank.

Best wishes,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Winceiam
Contributor
Contributor
Well in that case their's no reason for a credit line. It just doesn't make sense to me and many other PayPal credit users. I'm just glad I had the money in my account, otherwise I would've been put in a bad place.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.