PayPal zettle with PayPal here reader

DrewHH86
Contributor
Contributor
Will the PayPal here card reader work with the zettle app? The PayPal here app forces me to use the zettle app and my new reader won't connect. PayPal's customer service is a joke when all you want to do is send a message and your only option is to talk to a virtual assistant that keeps interpreting the wrong thing and then just stops conversing when it's fully confused.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Reloader66
Contributor
Contributor
I agree that it should work. I just recently purchased a PayPal here reader and now can not use it with Zettle and have to buy another reader.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hey @DrewHH86 & @Reloader66

Thank you both for posting in the Community Forum.

PayPal Here and Zettle by PayPal are two different products so a separate app would be required for each one, I am afraid. However, PayPal Here is being phased out and it is being replaced by Zettle. 

Further information can be found, here: Zettle: accept card payments in person (paypal.com)

@DrewHH86, I am sorry you are having such a negative experience contacting our customer service team. 

To contact our Customer Service team, click 'Help' or 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal Webpage. Or, you can also contact us via Twitter DM's or Facebook PM's. 

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal 

Twitter:  @AskPayPal

I hope this helps you both, have a lovely day. 

Rebecca. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.