PayPal credit loop on payment

Richard2303
Contributor
Contributor

When I tried to pay for something with PayPal credit it kept looping in the choose payment option. It would accept the terms then when processing revert back to the payment choices again. In the end I paid by credit card bit didn't want to. What went wrong?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

will170
New Community Member

I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to choose the 4 months 0% option, and when I click "Choose and Continue", it goes back to the previous screen where I can choose between PayPal Credit and other payment methods. It goes on like that in a loop.

Login to Me Too

bragi1013
Contributor
Contributor

Having the same problem.

1) In eBay, I select "Pay with PayPal."
2) The PayPal "Pay with" window pops up.
3) I select payment type and click "continue."
4) It goes to a window that says "Choose the option that works for you."
5) I check one of the options and click "Choose and Continue."
6) It just goes back to the "Pay with" window in an endless loop.

Login to Me Too

CharlieH2
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here, would like to find the solution as I've tried it on both apple iphone and Windows 10 laptop with the same result

Login to Me Too

Samskihero
Contributor
Contributor

Same, tried PC and Android on chrome no luck.

Login to Me Too

Samskihero
Contributor
Contributor

Yep Same problem!

Login to Me Too

bragi1013
Contributor
Contributor

This doesn't make sense, but this was my problem. I was buying five things from the same eBay seller; three were "Make an Offer" items, and the other two were "Buy it Now" things. Again, all the same seller, all in the same cart, single bill, single transaction. For some reason, the combination of Make an Offer and Buy it Now causes PayPal Credit to completely glitch out.  I only discovered this because I removed all the Buy it Now items in preparation to cancel the entire order. I couldn't delete the Make Offer items, because once accepted, you are obligated to buy them. Anyway, once only Make Offer items remained in the cart, PayPal Credit acted normal again. I never went back to buy the other two things, because quite frankly, the whole experience has been a frustrating waste of my time.

Furthermore, from this experience, I discovered that PayPal may have the worst customer service in the world. I was shocked at how bad it is. Once I finally found a phone number, I spent over an hour talking to automated messages, listening to ads, being needlessly transferred back and forth between PayPal and PayPal Credit FOUR times. In the end, the operators, whom I barely could understand, at the Indian call centers were grossly undertrained to handle the problem. Not that it mattered because they clearly could care less about helping customers.

After I pay off my current PayPal balance, I am closing my account and switching to Venmo.

Login to Me Too

CharlieH2
Contributor
Contributor
Not yet. The item I was after is now out of stock so I’ve missed out 😡
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.