PayPal Here

grindbmx
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there. I hope someone can help me. I have a PayPal Here card reader for my shop. Everything works fine. I have a catalogue which I can access from my phone okay. I used to be able to access it from the PayPal Webpage too. Now when I try to access it, it is pointing me towards Zettle and trying to sell me a new machine. I've tried searching, but cannot find the old catalogue. I can still add/delete/modify through my phone app, but it's not ideal as it's much easier and quicker on my laptop. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

wi_shepherd
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem -- I rely on PayPal Here for all my farmers' market sales, and removing the catalog/catalogue editing tool from the PayPal website is a big problem.  Editing the catalog on my phone is nearly impossible, since the app doesn't display the entire text of the product descriptions.  There's no way to tell if you've entered the description correctly.  That matters, because the description is used for customer receipts that PayPal Here sends out.

As of today (11 July 2021), PayPal has removed references to Zettle on the website, though as you rightly said, Zettle was all over the website yesterday.  But they haven't put back the tool for editing the PayPal Here catalog either.

Yes, we will all have to transition to Zettle eventually.  PayPal has already announced the discontinuation of PayPal Here for Australian business accounts.  But in the meantime, they should allow us to edit our product catalog from the PayPal website.

Login to Me Too

wi_shepherd
Contributor
Contributor

Just to follow up:  I contacted PayPal customer support, and the answer was that the catalog editing tool will not be put back on the PayPal website.  The support person offered to help me sign up for Zettle.  So in our copious spare time as small business owners, we have to migrate to Zettle asap.

Login to Me Too

SteamboatSlider
Contributor
Contributor

I know this is an old post but try bookmarking this URL.

https://www.paypal.com/hereactivation/ 

I found this on the forum several months back when they started promoting Zettle.

Hope it helps.

Login to Me Too

Cnrpestcontroll
New Community Member

Thank You so much.  This site worked.  I thought all was lost.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.