Pay in 4 pending authorization came up twice and my bank is holding my money

matthew151
Contributor
Contributor
i bought something with pay in 4 and i was going through all the set up and then i was unsure on what exactly i was doing and before i did anything i looked at my paypal purchase again to double check and then i went and completely fulfilled my order and i look at payment transactions and 2 authorization pendings are there after a while one goes through and the other is there but i only bought one thing once so my bank is holding $25 from me and i want to know if ill get it back? should i just wait till it expires or will it actually take money from me?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

matthew151
Contributor
Contributor

matthew151_0-1688878398519.png

what is this $25 i only confirmed one order

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @matthew151

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear you've run into some issues with a recent Pay in 4 transaction. I can certainly understand how concerning it can be to have money placed on hold. Normally, the authorization should fall off your bank's end within 1-3 days of that corresponding payment being completed. There's a chance it may take a few days longer depending on the bank. I would first recommend reaching out to your bank if you don't see the authorization released within a week. You're also welcome to contact our Customer Support teams if anything else comes up. 

Best wishes!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.