Is refer a friend promotion a scam or real

abelgiftstores
Contributor
Contributor

On the refer a scheme promotion I had it said tI had to send a friend the referral link and then they had to register an account attached their bank card to account and then spend over £5 they done all these things and I even had a conversation with PayPal confirming a the requirements had been done and sent them screenshots of referral and them making a transaction and all they said was wait and it should come through but after reading how so many people have been mucked about and not got £10 reward I’m not holding much hope it will happen worst thing is it makes me look stupid as I had to persuade my friend to do it and they keep saying where I the reward money I said they would get don’t know what to say now, sorry just wait it will come or seems like it was a scam as after doing everything right don’t see reason for delay in payment. Seems like all I’ve done is get PayPal a new customer and not got paid for doing it, feels like an affiliate referral that hasn’t paid out for getting them a sale. Surely this is false advertising and not legal. Let me know what people think

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@abelgiftstores 

Allow up two weeks for the award to be posted.

Terms and conditions:

• Reward: The reward amount is £10 GBP (ten pounds) (the “Reward”). During the Offer Period, there is a limit of one (1) Reward per referee Valid Account and five (5) Rewards per referrer Valid Account. If two or more referrers invite the same referee, PayPal will credit the Reward to the person who first clicked on their referral link and completed the Reward Criteria, as determined in PayPal’s sole discretion. The Reward should be added to the Eligible Participant’s Valid Account within two weeks of the referee satisfying the Reward Criteria.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.