Iphone 13 not detecting Paypal Here (hard connect with Lightening to Headphone Jack.)

katdada
New Community Member

My iphone 13 is not detecting my Paypal Here cardreader. I have the triangle shaped reader that connects to my phone with a Lightening to Headphone Jack. When I connect the reader to my phone I get a 'Detecting Reader' message, but it never connects. I have iOS 16.3.1. I've already tried turning my phone off and on. Thank you!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @katdada

Welcome to the PayPal Community! Sorry to hear you've run into some issues with your device detecting your PayPal Here device. There may be a few different issues happening here, but I would recommend replacing the 3.5mm to Lightning adapter to see if that helps. If it doesn't, I might recommend upgrading to our new PayPal Zettle POS System that is replacing PayPal Here. As a quick heads up, PayPal Here will no longer be able to accept payments after April 3, 2023. 

Best wishes. I hope that helps, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.