International shipping fee for returning faulty items

Temp20220620G
New Community Member
Hi, I’ve order a product from AliExpress and they sent me the wrong item, not the one I ordered. I tried to contact the seller through their website and app yet couldn’t get any response even though I can see the seller is online and active. So I disputed the transaction on paypal asking for a full refund. I tick the “willing to return” and now they show me this message that they will get me a full refund as long as I send the product back. What I am not sure of here is the shipping fee and the address. I can’t see the seller’s address anywhere on website nor on the package. And as I said before I’m unable to contact the seller. Also even if I were to figure out the address, sending this product back will cost me money that I’m not willing to pay. This is not the matter of me changing my mind or anything, it is obvious seller’s mistakes so I don’t see why I need to pay for the return fee. Does anyone know what I should do to get the address and the returning fee? Please send me helps thanksss
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20220620G 

In the event of a dispute you choose your seller and not Paypal so you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you go ahead and buy from that seller / country.

Paypal state this >>
IMPORTANT: You may be required to return the item to the seller or other party we specify as part of the settlement of your claim. PayPal Buyer Protection does not entitle you to reimbursement for the return shipping costs that you may incur.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Contact customer services for the return address as you need to return to the correct one for a refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.