I got billed double and triple for two separate transactions.

Quixotica
Contributor
Contributor

Hello All,

I hope you're all well and staying healthy. 

I made 2 purchases today from two different sellers via pay-in-3 options. However, I was charged triple for one transaction and double for the other. Usually this can be resolved via resolution centre but when I attempted to do this for both, the system says it cannot file a dispute for the selected transactions. That's an extra £338.52 taken from my bank.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,

Quix

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Quixotica 

Are they all in Pending Statuses in your PayPal Activity page?

If yes, you’ll have to wait until they are in Completed status because right now they are temporary holds until the merchant captures/Completes them.

Only in Completed status can you can go into the transaction that’s for the whole amount to click the “Report a problem” link to report a billing issue for duplicate transaction. Repeat for each duplicate.

The ones that don’t get the Completed status in a few days, will eventually expire on their own and drop off as if they never occurred releasing the hold on the funds.

What’s an “authorization” and can I cancel it?

Why is there a pending authorisation shown in my PayPal activity for my Pay in 3 transaction?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.