I cant activate prepaid paypal card i click continue and nothing happens!? help please!

AndrewSousa
Contributor
Contributor

Hi so i bought a prepaid paypal card at the store and started the activation process online and i entered in my name address ss number and then when i get to the step where it asks do you want to use the card  you already have or do you want to get a personalized card i select the first option and click continue and nothing happens.  I have tried over and over please help.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

AndrewSousa
Contributor
Contributor

This is an outrage!  Of course when i finally get through to someone they say they need drivers liscence, social security card, and proof of address.  Then even after I provide them will all the documents I get an email stating that their "risk team" is doing a "final review" of the documents and that I need to call them so they can decide whether or not they are going to give me my money.  This is unbelievable they are holding my money hostage and debating whether or not they are going to give it to me, what do these people think gives them the right?  I am so mad right now.  I am going to call them when i get access to a phone but right now i cant even get a phone card because all my money is tied up in these prepaid cards.  This is starting to cause serious financial hardship and I have never seen anything like this before with any other prepaid cards I have gotten in the past.  I find this to be utterly ridiculous and someone should really put an end to this type of behavior.

Login to Me Too

AndrewSousa
Contributor
Contributor

This is to finally update the end of this conflict with paypal (or should i say netspend).  Their fraud department put a block on each of my prepaid cards before they were even activated, why?!  I have never used this service before.  So, seeing as the cards were payed for with cash at a store than there is zero chance that fraud occurred.  I was eventually able to get the blocks removed after spending a fair amount of time on the phone with the fraud department and answering questions that had already been answered previously.  I then had to be transferred to customer service to actually activate the cards which was another infuriating moment.  The customer service employee had extremely poor english and I had to repeatedly ask her to repeat her words over and over and over and literally could not understand most of what she was saying.  Another ridiculous example of how netspend tries to wear people down with nonsense.  Why do you have customer service reps whose english is so poor that a normal person can't even understand it?  I mean come on!  I wonder how many people who only have say around 100 dollars or less just give up as it is not even worth the time or aggrivation?  I think we can see who the real scam artist/fraudsters are!  Hey netspend/paypal, how about you have your fraud time put a block on YOUR account and investigate YOU for fraud!  Lames!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.