How does paypal debit cash card work with paypal credit?

nightrider3
New Community Member

How does paypal debit cash card work with paypal credit? Is it linked together? Am I able to enter the paypal cash card (debit) into HBO max for example, and it use my paypal credit first since I do not want to load this card with money. I tried using the card with HBO max, and was told it was declined but HBO acted like it went through. Now HBO says payment declined.  No I did not see a transaction that went through, and my account shows something highlighted stating using my paypal balance/credit first online. I need clarification on this process please. Cant reach Paypal quick enough or timely for help.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

jamilhold

To my knowledge PayPal cash card is not link to the PayPal credit. The cash card requires you to load money for usage. It's pretty much just a reloadable prepaid card. Most use it to prevent fraud by not having you use their real debit/bank card. You can load the amount of your choice to prevent over spending. Hope this helps!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @jamilhold, the PayPal Cash Card is funded directly from a user's PayPal balance. What you've described is a PayPal Prepaid Card. Here's a breakdown of the different cards we offer and their benefits.

Welcome @nightrider3, great question! PayPal Credit and PayPal Cash Card are two different products that do not work in tandem. Here's a Help Center article on our PayPal Credit product specifically. 

I hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.