How do I create a Pay Now button with no prices pre-populated?

jilliangran
New Community Member

We are a not-for-profit school. I have created a Pay Now button for the various programs that our parents can sign up for. My problem is that I want them to be able to put the “purchase” amount in themselves, but PayPal is requiring that each item have a fixed cost. We have so many programs with so many different charges that it would be impractical for us to list them all or to have a separate button for each program. We currently have a Donate button with a dropdown list of funds where donors can put in the amount they wish to donate. I want our Pay Now button to function the same way. I can create the drop down list but I am required to pre-populate the prices. According to a support person, until a few months ago, buyers could put in the amount themselves, so it is possible. How do I do that?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jilliangran 

Add options and put a price for each option.

See follow the guide here:

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/paypal-payments-standard/integration-guide/buy-now-step-1/

Instead of size/color use program name and price for each option.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.