Error syncing orders from PayPal. Please refresh or try again later.

dugfreez
Contributor
Contributor

Since:
Last Updated 5/21/2022 at 3:07:17 AM EDT

I cannot get ShipStation to retrieve my order information from PayPal. If I click SHIP from a PayPal transaction it still sends me to ShipStation and has me logged in there. ShipStation is still getting their charges from my PayPal account if I am shipping an older order that they have already retrieved before that "Last Update" time. I can even make and pay for new labels if I type in all of the Information manually. 

If I try to process an order placed after 5/21/2022 at 3:07:17 AM EDT...I get an error from ShipStation stating that they cannot get the order information from PayPal and I should try again later. If I go to the ORDERS section on ShipStation it shows my older orders, but if I click the button to manually refresh the orders...I get the:

An Error Occurred

Error syncing orders from PayPal. Please refresh or try again later.

This issue has been there for over 2 days at this point. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Marina

Hi @dugfreez,

Thanks for posting your question in the Community. That certainly would be frustrating to experience, and I'm sorry to hear that this has been going on for 2 days now. If you're unable to create and pay for your shipping labels, I'd recommend contacting ShipStation directly for assistance.

I hope this is resolved for you quickly!

- Marina

Login to Me Too

dugfreez
Contributor
Contributor

To get anything resolved I had to delete my account on ShipStation and go through the setup process just as I did when PayPal started using them.  ShipStation then retrieved the order list as it should have been doing all along, but only up to the past 30 days. So as of now....it is connecting with PayPal and getting new order info from them, but I have 200+ orders that ShipStation has not retrieved the info for that was before that 30 day period. 

I see no reason that ShipStaion even needs that PayPal "order list". When I click SHIP on a PayPal transaction it should just send the address information to ShipStation for me. Then I buy the label at ShipStation and it should update the PayPal transaction to a shipped status with the tracking info. Seems pretty straight forward. I see no reason or purpose for the order list on ShipStation at all except to cause issues as I have been seeing if things don't sync up. Why do the syncing at all....just transmit the address and shipping info on a transaction by transaction basis. 

PayPal should go back to handling the shipping as they did before they started using ShipStation. 

Login to Me Too

Tray-C
Contributor
Contributor

Yep...deleting the ShipStation account, then going back to PayPal to ship a package took me back to ShipStation to create the account.  After that the orders populated and all was fine.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.