Do we have to use Shipstation?

Crafteey
New Community Member

I was excited to see Shipstation as a part of PayPal as I heard there would be discounts, so imagine my surprise when I made my first label today and it was .75 higher to ship!!!  Plus - it looks like I'll have to include dimensions for all packages - where before I could just enter weight when shipping first class.  

This is going to be a pain!!

Can I disable Shipstation and go back to the way things were? I'm not impressed. 

Carrie 

Login to Me Too
75 REPLIES 75

Xoth
Contributor
Contributor
Just going on record with all of you that this is terrible. It is such a bad transition, I just had to laugh at how bad they messed up. So frustrating.
Login to Me Too

dugfreez
Contributor
Contributor

The ShipStation change sucks! Plain and simple. I've been in contact with them on more shipping issue than I have had in the previous 7+ years combined using the classic PayPal shipping.

What has upset me the most is their NEED to change EVERY address. To the extent that the second order I shipped...they changed it and **bleep** it up (dropping the receivers unit number on their address).  They said all I would have to do is to void the label and I would get the shipping amount credited back to me...but the package was already shipped out and being returned to me. Then they said they would credit me as soon as I got it back. I got the package back and sent them and picture...then they moved to a "we will have to escalate this before giving you the credit". THEY ARE THE ONES THAT CHANGED AND **bleep** UP THE ADDRESS IN THE FIRST PLACE! I should have got my shipping and item value back right then! Why are they changing EVERY address?! 

Besides that....it's hit or miss if PayPal will connect to ShipStation or not. I believe that is on PayPal as when that connection is gone I can't log on the community boards either (though I can still log into PayPal). Other issues I have encountered is them giving an address error that their system couldn't auto change (as they do with every other address). I had to get a rep on the chat to let me know what to manually edit it to (even though I am sure the address that PayPal had on record was fine).

The ONLY plus I can see is with the international forwarding ShipStation is using with GlobalPost. I usually ship USPS First Class internationally which normally has no coverage. Whereas GlobalPost says they offer up to $100 coverage for First Class. That sounds like good news, but if the customers don't get their packages....it's just more nightmares. 

All and all......I can't imagine who thought this was a good idea. I miss the options to add a note to the receiver and change the ship dates. I'm also not even sure if the receiver is getting anything e-mailed to them at all. I would hope PayPal would still be sending something to them since the tracking info is updated and shown in the transaction details....but who knows. 

Login to Me Too

crowbarpress
Contributor
Contributor

Switch to Pirate Ship.

https://ship.pirateship.com/ship

I had so many problems with ShipStation on the first day that I switched over on the second, and I'll never look back.  Pirateship is FAST, easy to navigate, you can make your own templates for notes to customers, cut-and-paste for names/addresses, an end-of-day manifests.

Don't waste any more time with ShipStation.  They're amateurs who must have convinced PayPal they knew what they were doing.

Login to Me Too

budman68
Contributor
Contributor

I still have no changes with trying to use Shipstation (same "internal server error" on the top left of the next page). I've been using Pirate Ship successfully for a week now and I'm really beginning to wonder, after reading the complaints about shipstation, if it's (shipstation) is going to be any better.

Login to Me Too

SKCollector
Contributor
Contributor

PSA here:

Like many here, since the cutover I've been sort of going back and forth between shipstation and pirateship. I have to ship something to Australia and was comparing rates.

Weirdly I didn't see a Priority Mail International option on PirateShip, only on Shipstation.  (Both platforms showed International Priority mail express)...and of course Pirate ship shows UPS options, which Shipstation currently does not.

I reached out to PirateShips chat on why I wasn't seeing an International Priority Mail option.  After a quick back and forth I was informed that USPS is not accepting regular priority mail to Australia right now due to COVID issues (https://about.usps.com/newsroom/service-alerts/international/welcome.htm)

I'm thrilled that Pirateship was so on top of things their software prevented me from shipping in a way that isn't currently supported and not very happy that Shipstation would have gladly just let me ship this out, and likely the package would have sat around somewhere in limbo or eventually been returned to me.  

Login to Me Too

TheOriginalSyon
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal. We gave your company over TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS IN FEES in 2021.

Put back UPS or we will leave your service.

period.

you have until the end of the month.

Login to Me Too

sorrynormal

Pirateship looks like an awesome website.  I ship very infrequently as I don't run a business.  But I like the ability to print ups labels and pay 12 for a ups pickup.  Is it true that pirateship does not require any sort of monthly fee?  Looks too good to be true and wanted to be sure. 

Login to Me Too

crowbarpress
Contributor
Contributor

No fee at all.

Login to Me Too

SKCollector
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Guys,

So I've been doing more with PirateShip (but still switching between the two services).  Mainly PirateShip is getting my business for both UPS domestic and for International orders.

I am having a bit of a problem with International UPS orders though, maybe someone can offer a suggestion?

I use a 4x6 thermal printer for my labels and that part is working great.  But with international orders I also need to provide customs forms.  These need to get printed on larger 8.5 x 11 paper.  

I've got no issues with downloading the PDF and sending the 1st (label) sheet to the thermal printer, and then sending the other sheets to a regular laser printer - but the customs sheets come out super small as the whole PDF file is pre-formatted to 4x6 now.   

I can eventually muddle my way thru this by centering the 4x6, cutting the first sheet in PDF and sending that to the thermal, then increasing the size of the remaining sheets to 150% and printing those.....It's pretty cumbersome though.  Does anyone have a better way?

Login to Me Too

karenmelton
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, pirate ship is 100% free & they have incredible customer service! I ship 35-50 packages per week & 90% on pirate ship even though all my invoicing is through PayPal for today anyway...
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.