Customer Service Reps providing false timelines, and solutions without results

FriendZonedbyCS
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys, not sure who will see this or can help but I am in a pickle. While my action of switching to a new bank, is creating this awkward dilemma.  It seems, threw messages, phone calls, etc. I am basically being brushed off, getting the "run around" and now am worse off than when I started. 

Basically been member since 2010, in last 6 months I switched to a different bank, etc. 

Finally had the need to send invoices, accept and request payments, etc. through my account and around a week ago when first current invoice was paid, it told me I needed to link my bank account to be able to accept the payment. 

So it let me link the new debit card from the checking account, and my cash app debit card. Yet even though it recognized the routing and account number, on Paypal end kept receiving an "something went wrong on our end" message. 

After several calls, all which informed me, because of multiple attempts on my end and theirs, I would have to wait  72 hrs for system to reset. So after that happened twice, today I was on the phone for roughly an hour and I think I could be worse off than I was to begin with. 

I can supply recordings if needed, all calls are for business purposes. 

But either way, the lady CS rep I spoke with this morning, originally told me the same thing for 3rd time, to wait 24-72 hrs, and I explained while not her fault, this was obviously not a solution to the problem, and I was beginning to have to start refunding the paid invoices. After some persuasion to speak to management or tech support, and a long hold she came back on the line with a solution. 

----- She decided it would be best to terminate and delete the account, start from scratch, but assured me that since the new account would be using the same email and phone number for access that all my activity history, ALL pending, and ALL paid invoices would transfer over to the account. Which after an hour would be ready and available for linking bank account as well. 

I decided to give it 12 hours without trying to link account or even logging in, to help as much as possible to not bog the processing procedure, that I am sure runs through some more complex "I am human" test with 4 giraffe pictures. 

But, as expected, I have after 12 hours ABSOLUTELY NO ACTIVITY HISTORY, no invoices to reference, and have invoices I need to send in cue. Yet, I am getting the same answer, over and over, and I am trying to stay reasonable. But, if my friend that banks at the same place has no problems. The debit card from said account, links from nom problem, they have my SSN, etc. When can i expect some results to the solution so I can maintain my rapport with existing customers that have been using this email/account for almost  years. 

Not to mention the money that disappeared in PayPal backend perhaps, cause nothing is showing up on this same, new account, with same info. 

What do I do next, other than lose the clientele, and switch to a different invoicing service. 

At least I have the phone calls record, discussing the emails she was suppose to send, addressing all current invoices and pending transactions. 

Any help is much appreciated, cause no one will handle the situation for me. Thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FriendZonedbyCS 

----- She decided it would be best to terminate and delete the account, start from scratch, but assured me that since the new account would be using the same email and phone number for access that all my activity history, ALL pending, and ALL paid invoices would transfer over to the account. Which after an hour would be ready and available for linking bank account as well. 

A closed account cannot be reopened as per Can I reopen my PayPal account? and How do I close my PayPal account?

It is possible to open a new account with same email/phone afterwards but it’s literally a new account, starting from scratch. The activity, etc is not carried over. Either the rep messed up badly or there really is a way to recover the info but it’s definitely working as designed right now. All I can suggest is filing a complaint at bbb.org under PayPal San Jose, CA to get in contact with PayPal executive escalations office to review the whole situation. Copy and paste what you wrote here as your complaint.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

FriendZonedbyCS
Contributor
Contributor

Well this is not the reply I was hoping to see..... yet thank you for the honesty and assistance. 

In the meantime im not sure what to do. Of course I have the emails addressing status of invoices, but to access details like address etc to create shipping labels and details/quantities of purchase I have to log in,  which of course takes me to new blank account. I am lost on what to do.... this is not good if you are correct about previous data. Of course I can email them directly one by one,  but slightly embarrassing and unprofessional.

Saying that,  I just remembered I had 300 dollars worth of incoming, but went to old bank account which of course was closed. At the time I was informed once the bank rejected the deposit cause account didn't exist any more,  it would show back up on PayPal. Never have seen that money either

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.