Crypto Currency Question and Paypal Credit application procedure question

apple-pie
Contributor
Contributor

hello, I am being offered a line of paypal credit and want to apply, I dont however want my husband to know ive applied, we are having some problems right now and even though this is my account and my money I know i would get stress from him that i dont want, wanting some privacy is what im describing.

So is the application procedure strictly handled on the website or are is there paper mail sent to our house?  is there phone calls, texts/sms sent or is it through email?

Also can i buy crypto with the credit line?

Thank you in advance 🙂

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @apple-pie. Thanks for taking the time to add your questions here on the PayPal Community Forum. I hope the following in formation is helpful.

The application process for PayPal Credit is entirely online. However, you may receive physical mail announcing offers, incentives, promotions, etc., at some point in the future. This is not a certainty, but it's a possibility. The only text/sms messages PayPal would send would be those related to receiving a one-time passcode when logging on or when a purchase is completed.

Cryptocurrency purchases must be paid for using money in a PayPal balance, or a PayPal-linked debit card or bank account. Please check out https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/faq4487 for more information.

I hope this is helpful. Thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community!

Sincerely,

Michael
PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

apple-pie
Contributor
Contributor

thank you paypal micheal.

ok so i can only buy, hold and sell crypto i bought on paypal, but can i purchase crypto on another crypto exchange with the paypal credit? sorry if im not getting this. or is the credit i would have  from paypal can only be used to buy goods?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michael

Thanks for your reply and request for clarification.

PayPal Credit may be used to purchase tangible and intangible products, as available. As available means PayPal Credit, and any other payment method linked to an account, may not included in potential payment methods to use for a particular purchase if the Security System determines it's not available at the time. This applies to all PayPal transactions and payment methods and is not unique to PayPal Credit or any particular item or merchant. The Security System helps PayPal keep all transactions and account actions as safe and secure as possible.

Having said that, in general, the service may only be used to purchase cryptocurrency from PayPal. Purchasing cryptocurrency from an exchange outside of PayPal is not allowed. Use of the service to purchase cryptocurrency outside of PayPal could lead to an account being suspended and/or terminated.

I hope this helps to clarify things sufficiently. Thanks for your patience during this time.

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

apple-pie
Contributor
Contributor

thank you paypal micheal, youre awesome.

is there a list of what i can and cant use the paypal credit for? for example, can i send some money as a gift or repayment of money owed by me to friends and family from the paypal credit?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.