Courtesy Credit

Crital59
Contributor
Contributor

Ive went to different websites &taken the time to shop then go to check out to find that im unable to use paypals Courtesy Credit! Does anyone know websites that are able to accept paypals Courtesy Credit?  Please HELP So i can avoid the frustration of going through the whole process to find out im not able to use it once again.  Thank you in advance 

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Crital59 

What is happening when you try to use it? The credit is held in your PayPal balance, correct? Or did the credit go back to a link card or bank account? Are you getting error messages? Is it asking you to add a card?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Crital59
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker 
Unfortunately it won’t allow me to add screenshots here but the email I received from PayPal states has to b an online purchase “no problem” but website needs to say use offer at checkout if I’m understanding correctly, then says check out with PayPal and offer will b applied. I have my other accounts linked to PayPal & unfortunately I don’t have the $ the play with, I’m afraid if I do it wrong it will use my actual money that I don’t have to spare!

Login to Me Too

Crital59
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker 
This is what I found in the details:

How to Redeem: Once received and activated (if applicable), the Reward will be applied automatically at checkout to the Eligible Participant’s next Eligible Purchase made during the Offer Period in accordance with these terms and the amount deducted from the total order value at checkout. The Reward cannot be transferred or combined with any other PayPal offer. Use of the Reward will be reflected on the Eligible Participant’s PayPal receipt and/or in the transaction details of his/her Valid Account. Miscellaneous: Redemptions are final, will not be returned, and are

Login to Me Too

Abhxy77
Contributor
Contributor

Idntwnt2bhere
Contributor
Contributor

I too have tried to use the credit multiple times. Etsy, Walmart, Target and many more places and the ONLY place I was able to use it was USPS to buy postage stamps. I refuse to purchase $65 in postage stamps. I think the credit is a sham and it's not useable at all. 

Login to Me Too

Lromo5030
Contributor
Contributor
Are you in the US? CAUSE IF YOU ARE THAT'S PRETTY MESSED UP. WHAT DO YOU WANT WITH $65 WORTH OF POSTAGE STAMPS, THAT'S RIDICULOUS, I STILL DON'T KNOW HOW OR WHERE TO USE MINE.
Login to Me Too

joshwalther
Contributor
Contributor

I have several paypal credits that don't work. The total amount of credits I have is $135. The latest is a $25 credit for purchasing $25 worth of crypto currency. However, I have made multiple online purchases, and the credits don't work. Instead, the entire balance has been charged to my credit card when I make purchases. The other problem I have is my $25 credit was supposed to expire 11/1/21, but it disappeared from my account. There is no record of where it went or how it was used. I know I never used it because the credits don't work for me. When I called paypal, they are not able to give me a list of vendors that accept paypal credits. You might be wondering, and I have confirmed that I set up the credits correctly. When I go to my wallet, I have checked the box to use at next purchase. The instructions say you need to click on "Use Offer" but that button never appears. Instead, when paying with paypal, there is a button that can be selected that indicates to use paypal balance first (rather than charge the full amount to the credit card).  These credits are a huge sham!

Login to Me Too

lookitzwill
Contributor
Contributor

MACYS.com

It accepted my voucher as of September 2021.

Login to Me Too

Scientificmom
I was able to use some of mine on Hallmarks website, but when I tried to do it again the courtesy credit did not come up as a payment option. Maybe it would for you
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.