Can we petition against shipstation and go back to the old format?

Bradholland-88
Contributor
Contributor

As many people have already voiced, the switch to shipstation was quite possibly the worst decision ever on behalf of PayPal. So I have decided to pose the question, is it possible to petition for them to switch back to the old format and do away with shipstation altogether? Perhaps this thread could serve as a petition in itself. I’m wondering how many people in the community would support this. The more comments the more attention this will bring. 

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

bobjr94
Contributor
Contributor

Shipstation is just useless, 100% garbage. I messaged paypal tonight asking to be switched back, I am not going to use it again, not one more time.  What took 5 minutes now takes 30 minutes. Paypal is just stupid for pushing this out unfinished, with bugs, lacking features and not giving an easy way to switch back to paypal shipping. 

Login to Me Too

alrprairie
Contributor
Contributor

Agree 100%.

I used the old way to, among other shipments, to send documents.  A large flat envelope.  Now I have to input dimensions?

Also can not get a 'receipt' when the label prints.  I have used the receipt countless times to track, verify and keep track of addresses on my shipments.

GO BACK TO OLD SYSTEM PAYPAL!

Login to Me Too

cherubino3
Contributor
Contributor

PS, I enter 1s on the dimensions since that isn't anywhere on the label.

Login to Me Too

Laurandmel
New Community Member

This shipstation is a joke, i can't handle this, custom package??? can't change that it seems, i ship mostly first class, so i am sitting here wasting time going into preset to set it up to be able to find it in the custom, who has time for this, and i can't put ounces??? WTH so my 3 lb box plus 7 ounces i have to put 4 pounds??!!! makes no sense, Why TH did they get rid of paypal shipping?? worked fine for me and it seems to be all of us can agree. For bid anyone who has a business this format system on shipstation sucks!

Login to Me Too

kbuchholz1107
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal Shipping was excellent, **bleep**Station is useless for us as it does not support printing labels to the Dymo LabelWriter 450 Turbo.  Totally useless.  As such, we have just opened an account with PirateShip.  Same great discounts, and it supports our label printers.  And it will bill to our PayPal account.

Seriously going to shop around since PayPal is getting to be more hassle than its worth.  Every few accesses to PayPal, we have to verify our account AGAIN - pain in the shorts.  PayPal no longer refunds fees for cancelled transactions (showing their eBay pedigree there) and now this shipping fiasco.  Time to shop around for another provider.

Login to Me Too

Fanch
Contributor
Contributor
I am right there with you. This has to be the worst decision PayPal has ever made. Adds so much more time to the process. Have to print the receipt separate. And the receipt they Email you has a big old Doordash banner running through it So now you have to print two pages for the receipt. This has to be the worst platform I have ever used. Bring back multi order shipping. And give us the receipt on the same printout.
Login to Me Too

1fixer

I Hate Shipstation!  RETURN TO OLD SYSTEM PAYPAL.

Login to Me Too

sfshank
New Community Member

Totally agree. Not only is Shipstation a timewaster because of website issues, they also overcharge, despite claims to the contrary. Example:

A "large envelop" (based on USPS definition) - 10 oz - from 94941 to 80503:

USPS.com price: $2.96

Shipstation.com price: $4.50 (52% higher)

Both rates as of 12/15/2021

Bring back Paypal Shipping!

Login to Me Too

Cocoresort11
Contributor
Contributor

What problem is the web developer who made the PayPal/Shipstation system don't know the current USPS system.

The most serious issue is this site have only 4 shipping methods you can select for the USPS.

The all priority mail is charged as "by the weight", not the packing way, means no Flat rate envelop, no flat rate box, no regional box A & B.

Also, they have no Padded envelop (Flat rate) , no Regal flat rate envelop.

This is like the elementary school student made this system.

I can not believe PayPal use this old style company like this.

Something wrong.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.