Can not create a invoice template

Jackytrabbit
Contributor
Contributor

I have been using PayPal for three years. I always use invoice template.

Several month earlier, the invoice system has to be switched to the old version to make it possible to create a template. But recently, the template can not be created anymore. Whenever I tried to create a template,it says "To send an invoice, your invoice total must be greater than zero." But I already have filled several items and the total amount is greater than zero.

Anyone can help me with this? I asked the PayPal China for help, they completely ignored the question. I think invoice template is an important feauture of PayPal service.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Jackytrabbit
Contributor
Contributor

No one could help me with this?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Jackytrabbit

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues creating a Template. You can save up to 50 of the invoices you use most often as templates. You can send them online from your PayPal account or print them.

Here's how to create an invoice template and save it for future use:

1. Click Send & Request at the top of the page.
  2. Click Send an invoice in the menu on the right.
  3. ​Enter the information, and then click Send or Save Draft.

Here's how to use a saved template to send a customer an invoice:

1. Click Send & Request at the top of the page.
  2. Click Send an invoice in the menu on the right.
  3. Click Invoicing on the top left corner.
  4. ​Click Settings, and then select Templates.
  5. Click the More Options icon next to the saved template, and click Create invoice.

I hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Jackytrabbit
Contributor
Contributor
Hi JonK,
Thanks for the reply. I am not a new comer to PayPal. I have been used PayPal for three years and I have create 10 invoice templates before.
I am a web designer and I have been running a website for three years. I have some basic knowledges of solving web issues. What I am reporting here is a bug I think. It's been reporting "To send an invoice, your invoice total must be greater than zero." since the new version of UI was adpoted when creating a invoice template and I am sure the amount is not zero.
I have tried safari/edge/chrome/firefox  and clear all the cookies and also under different language setting, it always reminds "To send an invoice, your invoice total must be greater than zero." every time. Even when I used an old template and nothing is changed, and saved it as a new named template, it still failed to saved as a new template and reported "To send an invoice, your invoice total must be greater than zero."
I am very certain that I tried every scenario to create a invoice template. When the new UI was adopted, I have found this issue but there was a button of using the previous version of invoice template. I was able to create an invoice template using the previous template system at that time. But now the button is gone and the new UI is reporting the message and would not let me save a template. That's really frustrating.

Login to Me Too

PayPalMichelleW

Hello @Jackytrabbit,

Thanks for reaching back out to us. Here's additional information about invoices that might help. Also, you can report any technical issues here. I hope this helps.

Thanks!

MichelleW

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.