Ambiguous Special Offer From PayPal

Daxafina
Contributor
Contributor

I just made a purchase using PayPal. I received a receipt from the company I purchased from, stating that my payment was $16.05. I then received a receipt from PayPal saying that my payment was $6.05, because I "saved $10.00 USD" and at the bottom of the receipt it simply states "Special Offer -$10.00 USD" ... while I'm glad to have saved money, I'm a bit concerned about what this offer actually is. I didn't click on anything or sign up for anything, like  PayPal credit card or the like. It seems pretty vague, too vague for my liking. Has anyone else encountered this?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Nf7mate
Contributor
Contributor

I just had the same thing happen. Happy to save some money, but concerned I might have unknowingly signed up for some new service that will have a monthly fee. 

Daxafina: Did you ever sort out what happened? If you haven't gotten hit with any sort of fee by now, I expect there is nothing to worry about. 

Login to Me Too

Daxafina
Contributor
Contributor

No, I haven't seen any fees or such. No solution or explanation, either. I guess we'll just have to shrug it off as good luck.

Login to Me Too

Nf7mate
Contributor
Contributor

I found the answer (in my case anyway). Dug through my email and found that I won a contest that PayPal sponsored where every transaction gave an auto entry. The prize funds ($25 in my case) were the first funds deducted when I bought anything and was simply deducted as "special offer". 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.