The fake email or not

12Wi-
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I just got a message from Paypal. The thing is there is a little bit difference from the usual paypal email. I thought there is no ® in the paypal email. Pls take a look for me is it real or not. The message is as below Hello **, This message is originated from PayPal account section. Regarding the payment made to your account, We have deducted $...AUD from the buyer's account, ***is a Verified Premier Account Holder. The amount $...AUD has been deducted from her account and can not be reversed under any circumstances and will be credited into your account as soon as we receive the Ria money transfer details from you for $...AUD for the pick up fees. We are doing this as our new security measure to protect both the seller and buyer and we are given you 100% Assurance that this is a safe and secure transaction and as soon as send the $..AUD email us the transfer details for verification so we can verify and credit your account immediately. If you have any question regarding this transaction, kindly reply back.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi 12Wi. 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community forum. 

This is not a PayPal email. Although the email address provided looks legitimate, we do not word our emails like this and even if we place the funds you received on hold you would still be able to view them in your PayPal account. Please do not proceed with shipping this item or provide shipping fees. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.