Is it possible to pay in one currency with PayPal balance if my balance is in another currency?

ItayT
New Community Member
I have some money in Paypal balance in USD, I want to make a purchase in GBP and cover the rest of the amount with my credit card but when trying to pay I only see my cards and not the Paypal balance. I also don't see an option to convert the balance from USD to GBP. Also, it seems like currency conversion for Paypal balance is possible because when an automatic payment in NIS came through a few days ago, Paypal automatically converted some of my USD to NIS and used it for the automatic payment, but I can't appear to be able to do the conversion by myself
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ItayT 

If you are using funds in your balance then they have to be in the correct currency, paypal only auto converts during the payment process payments from a bank account or card.

Unfortunately you do not have the currency conversion option in your country as per link.

https://www.paypal.com/il/smarthelp/article/can-i-use-paypal-to-manage-multiple-currencies-faq1738

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.