return postage problem.

precip
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,i sold some items to someone in russia,he said they are not good and wanted to return them.I accurately described them but agreed to take them back,i agreed to send money to cover the return postage but needed a email address from him or a mobile number.I have tried entering his name and ebay name but paypal does not recognise it  I found his telephone number after raising an issue and looking at the case details and entered this into the paypal send request box and it accepted it and so i duly sent the money.the amount just laid there for two days showing pending on my paypal account and so i have cancelled the send request and i am back to square one.I have contacted him on a number of occasions to ask for contact details but he never gives them.He says to look at on paypal the people who have bought items from me,find his section and send the money using them details and using FOR POSTAGE SHIPPING COSTS. The problem is i cant find any contact details to send the money too,i am very new to selling having just started but would really appreciate some advice as i would like this to be sorted as it has gone on for quite a while                                                                                                Thanks in advance.                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Precip

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@precip 

Look for the transaction in your PayPal account activity of this payment by this buyer. Do you remember what date you sold this item? You can search the transaction by date and then narrow it down by the amount and country of buyer/their name. Then click on the transaction and it should show the buyer's email address/shipping address info.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

precip
Contributor
Contributor
Hi all i did as suggested from Sharpie and found his email address and got it sorted. Much appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.