how long does it take for payment to clear?

spook-1690
New Community Member

Hi i'm new to all of this i have just recently sold an item on ebay for the first time and the payment is in my paypal but it says pending and because i'm a new seller on ebay it can take 21 days what i want to know is does it really take 21 days?

Login to Me Too
32 REPLIES 32

PayPal_AdrianO

Hey there,

The funds will be held for 21 days, however, you can get them released faster by following the below;

• The buyer leaves you positive feedback
• You provide a tracking number which shows that the item has been delivered over 3 days ago

Once this information has been received the funds can be release within 24 hours.

Login to Me Too

gavin82
Contributor
Contributor
What gives you the right to dictate when our money yes OUR money gets paid to us holding our money incurs interest so don't try and be sympathetic towards the buyers you must think we're stupid last transaction I'll ever make with these idiots any one else have this issue.
Login to Me Too

krashinwavez
New Community Member

I agree. Last time I use Ebay or PayPal.  It just gives unhonest buyers time to receive the product then retract the payment. Smart.

Login to Me Too

Gordiemitch
New Community Member

Gavin I disagree with you on your view but understand were you are coming as a fair honest seller . The reason I disagree is because as a buyer

who recently bought a made to measure suit in China from what appeared to be a genuine company with a very impressive UK based website for around £250 and paid by paypal and received pure junk quality

of a suit eg loose stiching etc etc to say the least .The value of the suit would not even be £30  I only hope paypal have still got this payment on hold as I have started a dispute asking for a full refund and requesting that the company except its return .I now realise that this company is a scam selling pure junk and would have absolutely no chance of a refund

from this company .Basically if paypal paid payment stright away scam sellers could send any junk to buyers without fear

of losing payment ,

Login to Me Too

Pinkys06
New Community Member
We don't even get that postage money the seller has paid so we pay out of our own pocket & have to wait 21days to get it back. That is wrong i have sold items on here to get the rest of my rego money that's due next week but I have to wait 21days this is wrong in so many ways. I will delete my PayPal account & never use them again.....
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you meet the criteria as per link below you very rarely have to wait 21 days.

http://sellerupdate.ebay.co.uk/autumn2013/changes-payment-holds

But if you are not prepared to go through the new seller hold just as EVERY SINGLE ebay seller has already gone through it then i think it is wise to close your account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tabbiekat
Contributor
Contributor

I totally agree with you!! If the buyer is not happy with the item they receive they can ask for a refund!! Isn't that the reason for the refund option???? I am going to have **bleep** off customers because I can not afford to pay for shipping because they won't release MY money!! How do you become a good ebay seller when you can't get the items to your customers because Paypal holds your money?? Makes no sense to me at all!! If there was other payment options out there I could promise I would do another transaction with PayPal.  

Login to Me Too

Balldocks
Contributor
Contributor

Hi ,I think the issue with pay pal and ebay just want the big fish,but are quick to take commission, and just dismissed your point 

Login to Me Too

Dekard
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Does this mean you send off the goods before you have had any form of payment..Isn't that a bit risky.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.